f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: Terrific Cover

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Monday, February 12, 2007

Terrific Cover

Surveillance by Jonathan Raban. There's something about that jagged band of light trailing down to the car... I really like this one.

Meanwhile, I just had two books land on my desk here that I think are really striking as well.

The Heir by Paul Robertson
. This one you need to see in person. There's subtle foil treatments on the title/author name that get lost on the screen.

In High Places by Tom Morrisey. Not to play favorites, but I think this is my favorite overall book design-wise that I've been able to work on. I like the back cover image and LOVE the image of Tom we were able to use on the back inside-flap. Plus there's unique chapter headers and illustrations....

:::

Dave?

Hey, Disembodied Voice! It's been a while.

Well, whose fault is that? I'm spending way more time at Mick Silva's and Bertrand's and Charis these days because, well, there's not much going on here.

Right...

And then when you do post, it's not very substantial. Just cover images.

And reminders about the upcoming short story contest!

True, we do want people to remember to submit their stories about daily sacraments for the upcoming short story contest. The deadline is fast approaching. But, well, are you ever going to post anything worthwhile here again?

Thanks for your concern, DV. Yes, I am. In fact, we're in the midst of some exciting things behind-the-scenes here at f*i*f. That's not much consolation when there's no new material upfront. But we'll press on...and soon. And hopefully you, and others out there, will be willing to come back.