f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: Unsatisfied

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Friday, September 01, 2006

Unsatisfied

I'm not happy with the post below. I just re-read it and while I agree with much of it, it's also pretty pie-in-the-sky. It doesn't reflect the editing work I've done so far at BHP nor does it define most of the author/editor relationships we have at BHP. I make it sound like editing is more like bonsai carving as though changing a single sentence or deleting a scene will suddenly make a manuscript explosively more exciting to a readership.

There's much, much more collaboration in all the editing at BHP than what I wrote below.

So...

I'm not sure. I still believe much of what is below but most of the editing I've done and witnessed has ALSO incorporated critique and back-and-forth discussion of what the heck should be in the book.

Does that make sense?