f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: Top 11 Scenes/Quotes from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Top 11 Scenes/Quotes from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

I hate wrapping presents. The only thing that makes it tolerable is marrying it with my annual viewing of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. And since that was last night, I thought I’d share my ten favorite moments/quotes.

Tomorrow we’ll look at some great books from 2005. Today we’re all about Chevy Chase.

::

1. Clark Gets Stuck in the Attic - I love physical comedy and this scene is pratfall after pratfall. Ray Charles’ “The Spirit of Christmas” plays on the soundtrack and Clark bursts into joyous tears…while wearing a mink stole and pink ladies gloves. Sublimely absurd...and touching.

2. Going to Get the Christmas Tree – “Clark, we’re stuck under a truck.” “Do you honestly think I don’t know that!?”

3. Clark’s Rant – After getting his Christmas bonus (Jelly of the Month Club), he launches into a crescendoing tirade against his boss. Had to have been improvised by Chevy Chase. “Where’s the Tylenol?”

4. Setting Up the Christmas Tree – “Lotta sap in here. Looks great. Little full. Lot of sap.”

5. Shopping at the Department Store – I have been known to laugh at ribald humor.

6. Ruby Sue – “That’s something, ain’t it? She falls in well, eyes go crossed. Gets kicked by a mule, they go back to normal.”

7. Squirrel! – Again with the physical comedy. And who knew squirrels were high in cholesterol?

8. Uhh, Dad, This Box is Meowing – We all have one these aunts, right?

9. Crunch Enhancer – “Yeah it's a non-nutritive cereal varnish. It's semi-permeable. It's not osmotic. What it does is... it coats and seals the flake, prevents the milk from penetrating it.”

10. Snots – “Scratch him on the belly, he’ll love you till the day you die.” “I really shouldn’t. My hands are all chapped.”

11. The Plate in Eddie's Head – “I had to have it replaced, because every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about a half-hour or so.”
::
Here’s two sites where you can listen to your favorite moments from the film! Isn't the Internet so wonderfully pointless sometimes?

Moviewavs and Reelwavs