f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: f*i*f conversion short story contest

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Friday, November 04, 2005

f*i*f conversion short story contest

So we're making progress in the conversion short story contest.

I've finished reading all the entries. Today, I sent a quick email to the "finalists" so check your in-boxes.

This was a fascinating contest with a lot of worthy entries. I'm not entirely sure when I'll be posting stories here, but I'd like to run two weeks worth because I think there's a wide variety that deserve praise and exposure. As well, I really like it when all of you have access to the entire list of stories, so I encourage you all to find some space on-line (Blogger is free and easy) to post your stories. I'll be collecting links shortly.

::

Once I get some dates and plans squared away, I'll be better able to talk about some thoughts I had relating to the fiction you all turned in. Once we get started, I think it'll be some of the more important discussions we've had on f*i*f, because it'll get to the heart of what it means to write specifically about faith and God in fiction.

But to all of you, I want to say, "Thank you" for taking your time and effort to complete a story for submission. It's always an honor to read your work and I hope we can do it again next year, too.