f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: A Quick and Random Note

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Quick and Random Note

Life at Casa Bethany is busy. How busy you might ask? Well, busy enough to make completing blog posts a lot more difficult. Busy enough to make thinking up ideas for blog posts nearly impossible. For about twenty months now as I've transitioned through things into this job, I knew life as an acquisitions editor would one day become pretty hectic. And we're reaching that point.

That said, I'm committed to this spot and this blog and you guys as readers. I just need to rethink how that's going to happen. And I need to get on the far side of a few things here, including ACFW next week. So, things like the short story contest and the dissection of Ezekiel's Shadow will go off without a hitch...but there may be weeks, like this one, where pickings are bit slim.

::

In lieu of an actual post I will leave you with perhaps the most horrific example I've come across recently of what bad dialogue can do to a project.

Natalie Portman to the man who would be Darth Vader: "Hold me, Ani! Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo!"

(Sorry this is so out of date, but I just saw the movie Sunday night. Mouth open in stunned horror most of the way through. "Put the pen down Mr. Lucas. Back away slowly and nobody will get hurt.")