f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference

I'll be on the faculty there Thursday through Saturday. Hopefully I'll see a few of you .

An aside about Philly:

Minneapolis is a good town. BUT, nowhere have I found a place who can make an Italian hoagie like you find in Philly. Cheesesteaks, I assumed would be impossible to find. But an Italian sub? What in the world? It's driven me nuts. I've eaten sandwiches all across this metro area and only a few have even been decent as a meal in their own right. And always with the huge amounts of mayo! I swear, if it's bland and somewhat gelationous (think Cream of Mushroom Soup) it's a midwest staple.

(I won't be talking about hoagies at the conference. I may be wearing bits of one on my shirt and have little chunks of Amoroso bread in my satiated smile, but I'll not mention them further.)

Update: the day after I write this post, as if in answer, our local alterna-newspaper publishes this article. Only problem is that Eagen is not exactly close to where I live. It's a quandry.