f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: And Now I'm an Arachnist

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Saturday, June 12, 2004

And Now I'm an Arachnist

It's 2:00am. I've just been bitten by a spider. This probably isn't using a blog to it's fullest, but really I've got little else on my mind at the moment.

Here's a website with a picture of the spider and a description of what it feels like to be bitten.

Bites by yellow sac spiders generally produce instant, intense stinging pain, not unlike that of the sting of a wasp or hornet. This may be followed by localized redness, swelling and itching; these manifestations may or may not evolve into a necrotic lesion, but when that occurs healing is usually complete within eight weeks.
I'll just say that the "pain of warp or hornet sting" is not so far off, except that it's more like if said hornet or wasp just continued to sting you, continually, in the same place, for like 35 minutes straight. And I gotta say, I'm looking forward to the necrotic lesion part of this. Because I really need a big, dying hole in my arm right now.