f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: Some Questions for Our Readers. Yeah, That Means You!

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Some Questions for Our Readers. Yeah, That Means You!

From the time on this post (or if you checked in earlier on Tuesday and found nothing) you'll realize that this is coming a bit late in the day. I am determined to make this a daily work-week journal, but this is also a work-based activiity and sometimes more pressing matters make it impossible for me to get to this. Sorry, for any inconvenience.

Since we've been recently in the mode of listening to others' opinions on the industry and the (according to most-everybody) improving state of Christian fiction, I want to take a moment and point you to reason number two for having created this journal as listed under i n t e n t to the right.

Conversation. Debate. Dialogue. Discussion. Interaction. You get the picture.

I'm not just blowing smoke here. From the responses I've gotten from readers, there are many who like what's being said (or most of it at least) and feel that this is one of the few if not the only public forums where such things are being hashed through. I'm glad, but I think it'll become even more relevant if we get a feedback/call-response/upraised voices cycle going here.

So, I'd like to post a few questions for you to think about and, if you would, respond to. You can respond either through the comment box at the end of the post (it's really pretty easy) or you can email me here.

1. What are some topics/issues you'd like me to address in upcoming weeks?

2. What are some books you'd like added to the list at right?

3. Should I try to develop some chatboard pages that can be used for more lengthy conversation rather than just the comment button?

4. Are you interested in writing your own "entry" sometime and having me post it under your name?

5. Would you rather keep checking in or should I add a mailgroup option that will Email you when the site is updated?

6. Would you like to join me sometime in reading a novel and post our discussion about it online?

7. Would you be interested in developing some sort of online writers' workshop through this site with other writers' around the country?

8. Would you rather this site be hosted off of Blogger's network so I can add graphics and other content or is the journal enough?

9. Should I wander afield on occasion to look at Christian artistic expression in other fields (music, film, etc.) or just stick to books?

10. Anything else you want to tell me about the site? Problems? Suggestions?

Truly, thanks for those who will be chiming in. I love getting to write this thing everyday, but I want it to be more than just a sounding board for my own frustrations and hopes.

Yours,
Dave