f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: Maybe It's Just the Tryptophan Talking, but Man Am I Thankful...

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n

Monday, December 01, 2003

Maybe It's Just the Tryptophan Talking, but Man Am I Thankful...

It’s the week after Thanksgiving and in the spirit of far too many cloying newspaper articles I want to list a few things in Christian fiction for which I am grateful.

  • That the conversation is beginning to spread. I work at a devoted CBA publisher and people high up are very excited about what will come next.

  • That people outside the industry are beginning to take notice. The growing pains have been long and painful, but there is some high-quality work already being done within many CBA publishers. Ann Tatlock, Dale Cramer, Lisa Samson…the list is growing and people are offering praise, be it ever-so-grudging.

  • I’m always thankful for Andre Dubus, whose work in each rereading buzzes with such vitality.

  • I’m thankful that the conversation is reaching new formats. Graphic novels and comics are the next frontier. (See Craig Thompson's Blankets and Doug TenNapel's CreatureTech.) Film, beyond The Passion of Christ, must be around the corner. We need artists contributing on all fronts.


  •